Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Maxiverse

The haiku got an A! Roberta (instructor) said she loved the content, but had to also grade on its structure and how well I stuck to the concept of a haiku, which is it's sort of a riddle, the punch line, or last line, pulling it all together. She said she had to think about mine because the fact that she lost five thousand dollars in one day on a stock market account made her want to give me the A "without using any of my critical thinking skills at all!" She'd bought tabletops. She thought that was a pretty safe investment, tables always being necessary. Turns out they may be necessary, but they are very commonly outsourced - well a combination of outsourcing and importing for manufacture, but more lately, just stuck together in China and brought over here on a slow boat and sold cheap.

So, first assignment and I got an A. I'm glad I went back to school. It's much easier when there's a little wisdom behind the curiosity! Now I'm getting cocky. Next assignment is a character analysis. I can choose fiction or someone from real life. Thinking about it til Saturday. Then I start writing.

It's not like I hang around fixing things and going to classes at the community college. I have a job - I just don't feel certain how much of my personal information I'd like to divulge on this thing, so I'm just sharing what comes up. Okay, I'm censoring myself a little, but this is the maxiverse, so I think a little thought should go into the presentations. Maxiverse. Hey: I made a clever joke. I think I'll use it for the title of this entry so it's copyrighted!

No comments: