Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bowls from Bowls

Well, my sister Martha left. That was Thanksgiving. The TV can cool down now. I know it's been a while, and I don't want to make this weblog about complaining, but just today, and that's it, then I get to the constructive stuff. It's - well Martha tries, I really think she does, but then maybe that's because my job in the family was always to kind of go around explaining after her to protect her from the hostilities she made everywhere she went. If it'd turn out she hadn't even been trying for some semblance of cooperation all this time, then I'd be pissed!

Her trouble is she's mean. She's mean because she's mad. She's mad because of the way she thinks. She thinks the way she does because she's mean. That's what wraps it up like that snake that eats its own tail. Not much I can do but it's gotten worse. When she came for Thanksgiving, she kept scrambling for fights, so we just let her watch TV and tried not to get her irked by talking about anything. She likes the medical dramas. No wonder she's so anxious. Who ever knew so many things could go wrong. And everybody knows in real life you'd never get a whole team trying to figure out what's wrong with you, so you're screwed, in that world anyway. I like the comedies myself.

Like I said, the TV's cooling off now.

Selma Rae's making ceramic bowls for everybody for Christmas, and they're gonna be beautiful. She flattens the clay then lays it over an upside down bowl to make the shape, then when they're half dry she turns 'em over and paints on some glazes and takes it over to Pete's up the hill - he lets her use her kiln which Pete says is supposed to be pronounced, "kill" but I think that's just somebody's illiteracy spreading. Kiln. Super hot oven and those bowls come out like prizes. I like that she makes bowls from bowls. This year's first batch oughta be done by Sunday. I hope I get one (hint - hint).

MM

No comments: