Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hammers, Books and a Gate

I don't lend books or tools unless I don't care if I ever see them again. Selma Rae lives with me here, so if she borrows a book it's not really borrowing - it's just "the" book and she happens to be the one reading it. But she has my hammer and it's the third day she's left it in the car. It's not "the hammer" it's my hammer. Hers is more petite - like for hanging pictures. Mine you could build a house. I could go get it but she keeps saying she's gonna bring it in and I keep thinking she means it.

Now, what I'd like to know is what is the real difference between this kind of behavior and my not fixing the driveway gate til I get around to it? I'm not bugging her bout bringing in the hammer, so why's she so fixated on that gate? I'll fix the gate when I get my hammer.

This weblog is therapeutic. The PTA lady was right!

MM

No comments: